14th March 2022
Job opening – Process Engineer
We’re hiring! We’re looking for a high-calibre, technically minded Process Engineer with a strong interest in process innovation, clean technologies, and sustainability to join our Technology team.
Read on for more information on the role and how to apply…
bio-bean is the world’s largest recycler of spent coffee grounds. Based in Alconbury, Cambridgeshire, we take spent grounds from businesses across the UK, recycling thousands of tonnes annually into sustainable bio-products, such as Coffee Logs and Inficaf.
An award-winning team with big ambitions, we’re on a mission to get the world to rethink and reduce waste and associated greenhouse gas emissions, and to create a real difference for our world by sustainably innovating through spent coffee grounds. As a Certified B Corporation™, sustainability is at the heart of everything we do. We’re in it for the long haul, creating impact built to last.
We’re looking for a high-calibre, technically minded Process Engineer with a strong interest in process innovation, clean technologies, and sustainability to join our Technology team. You will play a trusted role in the team, contributing to the delivery of current and forthcoming capital projects, ongoing continuous improvement activities as well as research & development. The role will report directly to our Chief Technology Officer.
We value diversity in our team and are committed to providing equality of opportunity for all prospective candidates. We’re also keen to fill this role as soon as possible, so don’t delay!
- Act in a senior capacity for the Process Engineering function
- Play an important role in the development, review and delivery of engineering capital projects and engineering specifications
- Undertake the specification, evaluation and selection of vendor packages and plant equipment
- Lead engineering, technology, and associated research projects
- Carry out mass & energy balances, process descriptions, PFDs, P&IDs, control philosophies, datasheets, pipework, equipment, and safety system sizing calculations, etc.
- Ensure that solutions comply with the relevant codes, standards, regulations, and procedures
- Liaise with and manage relevant sub-contractors and vendors on projects
- Give support to the commissioning and operations team both remotely and on site
- Conceive and lead factory optimisation activities
- Produce and update all required process documentation, ensuring proper change management
Preferred skills, attributes, and other requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferably Chemical) or related discipline
- A minimum of 2 years’ work experience within process engineering or a related field
- Background and/or interest in alternative environmental technologies or bio-based materials
- Strong understanding of process requirements, ability to interpret P&IDs
- Experience using AutoCAD (Plant 3D desirable) or equivalent
- Experience with industrial drying processes or equipment desirable
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, technically strong, with excellent maths and IT skills
- Good working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project
- Enthusiasm and aptitude to be part of a growing team
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to self-manage, progress multiple tasks simultaneously and deliver to schedule
- Self-motivated and ambitious to grow in your role
- Tenacious in the face of obstacles
- Inspired to support your colleagues, and succeed together as a team
- A belief in the importance of sustainability and a positive outlook
- Not afraid to own and learn from your mistakes
- Flexibility to work from home as well as in the office / third party sites
- Ability to travel if required
Location, Compensation & Benefits
- Location: Alconbury, Huntingdon with some home working
- Competitive salary
- Access to company share option scheme
- Life assurance
- Opportunity to join a B Corp™ and company at the forefront of the circular economy
How to apply
To apply, send your CV and a covering note to email@example.com.
We will not accept calls or emails from recruiters for this role.