24th November 2021
Job opening – Business Development & Sales Support Administrator
We’re hiring! We’re looking for a part-time, commercially capable administrator with customer-facing experience across sales and business development to support our commercial team.
Read on for more information on the role and how to apply…
bio-bean is the world’s expert in recycling spent coffee grounds. Based in Alconbury, Cambridgeshire, we take spent grounds from businesses across the UK, recycling thousands of tonnes annually into sustainable bio-products.
A small team (around 30 people) with big ambitions, we’re on a mission to get the world to rethink and reduce waste and associated greenhouse gas emissions, and to create a real difference for our world by sustainably innovating through spent coffee grounds. As a Certified B Corporation™, sustainability is at the heart of everything we do. We’re in it for the long haul, creating impact built to last.
We’re looking for someone dynamic, passionate and motivated to join our commercial team with a focus on business development, sales and account management. The requirement is for 20 hours per week on a part-time permanent basis, with ideally four hours per day, Monday to Friday. The role will report directly to the Head of Commercial.
You will be responsible for responding to inbound sales enquiries for Coffee Logs, as well as some account management. You will also be responding to inbound enquiries from those looking to recycle their spent coffee grounds. And we’ll need you to conduct some research and business development for our new pipeline of products.
These responsibilities include (but won’t be limited to):
- Being the first point of contact for new enquiries.
- Account management of existing Coffee Logs stockists and waste management partners delivering spent coffee.
- Development of new customer relationships to help grow the business.
- Research and support of efforts to develop our sales pipeline of new products.
- Input into and maintenance of our CRM system.
- Liaising with our production team on stock levels and requirements.
- Working with our marketing team to support sales activities.
- Keeping abreast of industry news and developments to feed into the commercial strategy.
Preferred skills, attributes and other requirements
- Customer-facing experience across sales and/or business development
- Experience of CRM systems and report building (we use Salesforce)
- Proficient across Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proven ability to operate in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment
- Flexibility to juggle multiple tasks at the same time
- Self-motivated and ambitious to grow in your role
- Tenacious in the face of obstacles
- Inspired to support your colleagues, and succeed together as a team
- A belief in the importance of sustainability and a positive outlook
- Not afraid to own and learn from your mistakes
- Valid driving licence and car
- Flexibility to work from home as well as occasionally in the office
Pay & Benefits
- Primarily home based with occasional office-based days (including two-day initial induction at our site in Cambridgeshire)
- Remuneration: £15 p/hr
- Life assurance, pension and 25 days of holiday per year (pro rata)
- Opportunity to join a B Corp and company at the forefront of the circular economy
How to apply
To apply, send your CV and a covering note to email@example.com.
We will not accept calls or emails from recruiters for this role.