27th March 2020
bio-bean’s response to the coronavirus pandemic
The coronavirus pandemic has brought about rapid change in the way we all live and work, and as with every other business, bio-bean has shifted its priorities to respond and adapt to these changes.
DEFRA has clarified key worker status for waste treatment companies, so we are remaining in operation at this time, but with limited staff on site.
Our first and foremost priority throughout this period of uncertainty has been, and will remain, the health and welfare of our team members. We have put several restrictions and measures in place, including the following:
- All our office-based staff are working from home.
- We have closed our London office as well as our laboratory until further notice.
- We have restricted the flow of people on our Alconbury site.
- We have shut down our weekend operations and have reduced operating capacity to limit the number of people on a shift, ensuring staff can follow the social distancing guidelines.
- Any member of staff with someone at home considered to be vulnerable is self-isolating.
We are also supporting our team with guidance and resources for understanding how to help prevent the transmission of the virus, as well as resources for managing their mental and physical wellbeing. And of course, we’re holding regular calls and video chats to check in with one another and stay connected.
This is a challenging time for everyone, and we are committed to supporting our team through it all. We will continue to monitor our policies and procedures and of course follow the government’s guidelines and advice.