Powered by People
bio-bean® was founded in 2013 on the firm belief that there is no such thing as waste, only resources in the wrong place. We set out to extract the latent energy in waste coffee grounds and convert it into biofuels in a sustainable and commercially-viable way. Seven years on we are recycling thousands of tonnes of waste coffee grounds per year to produce a variety of sustainable, high-performance products derived from coffee grounds.
bio-bean is a small, dynamic, award-winning business with offices and factory in Alconbury, Cambridgeshire, a research lab in Welwyn Garden City and a small office in Aldgate, London. We are passionate about our vision, values and people; we aim to be sustainable in everything we do whilst giving our people the space to grow and develop in a fast-moving and high-growth environment.
Latest job opportunities
bio-bean’s operations in the circular economy puts them in the unusual position of being both a consumer product manufacturing company and a B2B service provider. At one end of the process bio-bean are selling a specialised recycling service to waste management companies and large café chains and other coffee waste producers, and at the other end are building a consumer brand and selling an FMCG product into UK retailers, and starting to make in-roads in Europe. In addition to this, bio-bean’s stated purpose to “get the world to think differently about waste”, means a desire to lead by example and inspire behaviour change at all levels from government policy through to individual consumer attitudes to a more sustainable way of living.
As Digital Content Executive you will therefore be an integral player in assisting the Marketing Manager and wider commercial team in their efforts to increase brand awareness and the bio-bean profile across the different aspects of the business.
In particular, you will be implementing the marketing strategy across predominantly online platforms. This will have you involved in planning, developing, designing and executing engaging content to include copy, imagery, graphics and video across a range of digital channels such as social media, blog, email and web, as well as some print comms.
Maintaining the company’s website: utilising WordPress to regularly update the website and produce engaging content that boosts SEO rankings and optimises traffic, including blogs and case studies.
Paid search advertising: supporting the execution of paid search advertising campaigns.
Social media management: supporting the execution of paid social campaigns, along with day-to-day management and maintenance of all company social media profiles. In addition to paid social media and search advertising campaigns, you will produce regular engaging content across all company social profiles.
Email marketing: collaborating with the wider commercial team to deliver successful email marketing campaigns.
Marketing enquiry management: responding to all incoming enquiries via the general marketing email account.
Waste coffee collection enquiry management: responding to all inbound enquiries via the general feedstock email account, passing leads to the relevant partners.
Feedstock marketing support: liaising with waste management and coffee recycling partners to improve and implement co-branded marketing comms to increase engagement in our coffee recycling service.
End-to-end event management: ensuring all events are well organised and supporting marketing materials are compelling and of high quality.
Representing bio-bean at events: attending relevant events to increase brand awareness around our waste coffee collection service.
Reporting: utilising analytics to regularly report on the activity of digital marketing and social media activity.
Monitoring for press coverage: maintain records of any and all press coverage, highlighting key coverage to the wider bio-bean team.
Award management: support the preparation and submission of industry award applications.
Internal marketing support: supporting the execution of the internal marketing strategy across the wider bio-bean team.
As bio-bean’s Digital Content Executive, you will:
- be an experienced, enthusiastic content marketer (minimum of 3 years) with excellent written English and grammar skills.
- have previous experience within social media, website management, email campaigns and events and exhibitions, along with some business development experience and outstanding customer service skills.
- have experience in both B2C and B2B content creation and using social channels to tell brand stories and engage with consumers.
- understand marketing’s dual role in assisting the product sales team to drive business growth and opportunities, and the service sales team in generating customer engagement and loyalty.
- have experience in setting success metrics for digital marketing activity in analysing performance.
- be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently and deliver at both a strategic and executional level; not afraid to roll sleeves up and do the doing!
- be familiar with marketing tools and systems – Mailchimp, Salesforce, WordPress, Zoho Social, etc.
- have proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, as well as standard MS Office software.
- be enthusiastic about working in an early growth stage company, and capable of taking the shifting sands of a rapidly-scaling business in your stride.
- be able to communicate clearly and effectively to members of the team at all levels, as well as external agencies, journalists and professionals.
- share bio-bean’s values and vision to create a sustainable life and protect the world we live in.
Reporting Lines and Working Arrangements:
You will be reporting directly to the Marketing Manager, but also working closely with the sales teams and the Chief Commercial Officer as well as the wider internal and external bio-bean team.
Based in bio-bean’s Alconbury office with travel to meetings in London or Welwyn as required, you will be required to show dedication to your role, the marketing department and bio-bean as a whole. Some travel in the UK will be required.
How to Apply:
We’re looking for someone with creativity, drive and ambition to get stuck-in to this role and be engaged in the business and with the team.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are interested in the role and how you meet the criteria.
Please no agency calls. We have a recruitment agency we work closely with already.